In a front page story we incorrectly reported the time for the Idyllwild Historic Preservation District meeting from 3 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday Aug. 3. The meeting will take place from 7 to 9 p.m. August 3.
COUNTY OF RIVERSIDE
TRANSPORTATION AND LAND MANAGEMENT AGENCY
Tuesday, August 3, 2010, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Town Hall, 25925 Cedar Street, Idyllwild, CA
1. Introduction of County representatives in attendance (Also, please sign in, and update as needed, the meeting attendance sign-in sheet – Thank you!).
2. Proposed revision to Riverside County Ordinance 578 (Providing for the Establishment of Historic Preservation Districts - countywide). Ordinance revision was initiated by the Board of Supervisors on July 13, 2010, and upon adoption by the Board, expected later this year, it would provide County rules for the formation and administration of the proposed Idyllwild Commercial Core Historic Preservation District. Staff will present the draft revised ordinance to the audience, discuss it in detail, section-by-section, and take audience questions and comments regarding it. (approx. 30 - 45 minutes)
3. Review of Proposed Idyllwild Commercial Core Historic Preservation District: background, proposed boundaries, and purposes (code compliance facilitation, protection of historic village features and ambiance, and encouragement of historic tourism), and potential supporting programs (use of state Historic Building Code, Mills Act, special Ordinance 348 “zoning overlay” parking and landscaping standards, and other programs to facilitate use of historic structures for businesses, residences, and other purposes). (approx. 30 minutes)
4. Anticipated schedule for completion of process to establish historic preservation district, including future community meetings and public meetings/hearings before County Historical Commission, Planning Commission, and Board of Supervisors. (approx. 5 minutes)
5. General questions & answers. (approx. 30 minutes)
6. Other community updates, as available (approx. 10 minutes)
For further information, please refer to http://www.rctlma.org/planning/index.html, the Planning Department’s internet home page, and look under the listing “Idyllwild Planning Programs.” For questions or to comment, please contact Mr. Keith Herron, Chief Preservation Officer, Riverside County Park and Open Space District staff, at KHERRON@co.riverside.ca.us, or (951) 955-4558, or Ms. Kristi Lovelady, Principal Planner, Riverside County TLMA/Planning Department staff, at KLOVELAD@rctlma.org, or (760) 393-3411.
Page 2 of 2