Winter Storm Warning
urgent - winter weather message
National Weather Service San Diego CA
1:39 pm pst fri feb 26 2010
...winter storm warning in effect from
4 am to 10 pm pst
saturday... locally heavy snow and
a pacific storm will bring local heavy snow and
strong gusty winds on saturday.
* elevation: all areas above 6,000 feet.
* snow levels: 8,000 feet tonight...lowering to
near 6,500 feet by Saturday morning...
then to near 5,000 feet by Saturday afternoon.
* snow accumulations: 6 to 8 inches between 6,000
and 7,000 feet and 8 to 12 inches above 7,000 feet.
* timing: Saturday morning through
early Saturday night.
* locations include: Big Bear Lake. Fawnskin...
* winds: southwest 20 to 30 mph
with gusts to near 55 mph.
* visibility: near zero in snow.
..blowing snow and dense fog.
* impacts: heavy snow...
blowing snow...strong gusty winds
and dense fog has the potential
to make travel hazardous at
elevations above 6,000 feet on