winter storm warning
short term forecast
National Weather Service San Diego CA
1252 pm pst sat feb 27 2010
Riverside County Mountains
now... light to moderate rain will continue through 3 pm.
isolated thunderstorms are possible.
streams will be running at bankfull locally...and
water may pond on road surfaces and in poorly drained areas.
falling and blowing snow...and areas of dense fog
will make travel difficult above 6,000 ft
where an additional two inches of snow is possible
through 3 pm.
a winter storm warning is in effect for elevations above 6000 feet.
Riverside County Mountains-
including the following locations...Pine Cove 1237 pm pst sat feb 27 2010 ..
.winter storm warning remains in effect until 10 pm pst this evening...
a winter storm warning for heavy snow remains in effect until 10 pm pst
* elevation: all areas above 6,000 feet
* snow levels: 6000 feet.... . lowering to near 5000 feet this evening
* snow accumulations: 6 to 8 inches between 6,000 and 7,000 ft
and 8 to 12 inches above 7,000 feet.
* timing: today through early tonight.
* winds: southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts to near 45 mph.
* visibility: near zero in snow...blowing snow and dense fog.
* impacts: heavy snow...blowing snow...strong gusty winds and
dense fog has the potential to make travel hazardous at
elevations above 6000 feet on saturday.
a winter storm warning for heavy snow means
severe winter weather conditions are expected.
Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel
dangerous. only travel in an emergency.
if you must travel...keep an extra flashlight... food...
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.